Sunday, February 14, 2016

GOP Debate: Various

Donald Trump on flip flops
Mr. Trump: In life you have flexibility.  You have to have flexibility.  Ronald Reagan was a somewhat liberal Democrat.  He became a somewhat Conservative Republican.  I'm not in love with eminent domain.

Jeb Bush: You should not use eminent domain for private purposes. 

Ted Cruz: Flexibility is a good thing but you shouldn't be flexible on core principles.  I like Donald he is a great entertainer.  For most of his life he has been very very liberal.  For most of his life he has described himself as very very pro choice and as a supporter of partial birth abortion.  Right now today as a candidate he supports federal tax payer funding for Planned Parenthood.  I disagree with him on that.  Thats a matter of principle

Mr. Trump: You are the single biggest liar.  You probably are worse than Jeb Bush.  He's a nasty guy.

Ted Cruz: Notice that Donald didn't disagree with the substance that he supports tax payer funding for Planned Parenthood.  You supported it when were battling for defunding Planned Parenthood.

Mr. Trump: There are wonderful things that Planned Parenthood does for women's health.

Ted Cruz: If Donald Trump is President he will appoint liberals.  (Supreme Court)

Mr. Trump: Ted Cruz supported John Roberts

Jeb Bush: Ronald Reagan was a liberal in the 50's.  No one would suggest he was a liberal.  He didn't tear down people.  He tore down the Berlin wall.

Ted Cruz: I would not have nominated John Roberts.  I would have nominated my former boss who was Justice Scalia's first law clerk.

Marco Rubio: Turn programs over to the states.  Nikki Haley will do a better job confronting poverty than Barack Obama.

Dr. Carson: When I got into this race I decided to look and see what is running the engine in Washington DC and I thought I should run away. 

I'm never going to become a politician.  People need to know that free college is a non-starter.  We are on the verge of economic collapse.  $200Trillion in non-funded liabilities.  It is not the evil rich people..it is the irresponsible people in government.

John Kasich: The first thing we have to do is grow the economy.  You need common sense regulations so small business can flourish.  You need a fiscal plan so people can predict a little bit of the future.  The Democratic party has lost those blue collar Democrats. 

Donald Trump: My wife tells me I'm wrong all the time and I listen.  We need people who know what the Hell they are doing and not politicians.  I hire smart people. 

Jeb Bush: The dysfunction in Washington is really dangerous.  We don't need someone who has been bankrupt four times and then brags about using the system.

Donald Trump: I never went bankrupt.  As soon as he (Jeb) got out of Florida, Florida crashed. He loaded it up with debt.

Jeb Bush: We led the nation in job growth 7 out of 8 years.  We didn't go bankrupt like Trump did and call it success.  Personal income went up 4.4%.  The government grew by half of that.

Marco Rubio: The President that I grew up with was Ronald Reagan.  This is the worst President we have had in 35 years.  If our next President is even half the President that Ronald Reagan was America is going to be greater than it has ever been.


No comments:

Post a Comment