Thursday, April 25, 2013

General Electric Hypocrisy

While I understand and respect that businesses have as much right as anyone to work with whom they please, yesterday's announcement that GE Financial will not provide loans to Gun Shops got me curious.  Is the point to not provide opportunity for legitimate business that provides goods that are used to commit acts of violence really the motive?

In 2007 General Electric acquired Smiths Aerospace for $4.8B.  Rebranded as GE Aviation they provide various products used in FA-18 Hornets, F-22 Raptors, F-35 Lightning II and the Eurofighter.  Not exactly consistent with a less arms less violence perspective.

I won't even get into the Fukushima I nuclear power plant and how GE is possible the worst polluting business entity the world has ever known. I won't mention that at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment